4 Ways to Attract Holiday Shoppers on Facebook bit.ly/18dN0hw
You Know You’re Baddass. Now It’s Time To Tell Your Customers.
Shawn harnesses his web marketing chops
& 6+ years as a Fast Company blogger to
help small businesses generate more buzz, reach more customers, & embrace their inner-badass. Cause the status quo is meant for everyone else.
Book a Free Consult Now »
Latest from the Blog
December 4, 2013
Another holiday shopping season is officially upon us. Now that the dust has officially settled from Black Friday and Cyber Monday, it’s time to take a closer look at some really interesting statistics and trends and what they might mean to small business owners now and for the coming year.
December 3, 2013
Attention grabbing small business signs can come in all shapes and sizes. Take the example from “Bumper Man” pictured above. I don’t know that I’ve ever been in the market for a used bumper (or a new bumper for that matter), but I still couldn’t help fixating on this sign.
What was it that made it stand out? Was it the bumper attached to the roof of their box truck? The paint colors? The clear and concise messaging? All of the above?
November 25, 2013
Traditional advertising can get really expensive, really fast.
Wish you could find a way to increase market awareness for your small business without breaking the bank?
In this video, I share one of the most affordable and effective strategies for getting your name out there.
November 14, 2013
Small Business Saturday is right around the corner.
On November 30, 2013, thousands of small businesses around the country will join together to promote the benefits of shopping small and celebrate their local communities and neighborhoods.
How can your small business get in on the excitement and help spread the word about the big day?
November 13, 2013
Create a website and a few social media profiles for your small business and BLAM--customers will find you everywhere. All you need to do is just sit back, relax, and watch your business grow from the comfort of your laptop, tablet, or iPhone.
That all sounds totally awesome, right? Unfortunately, it’s just not that easy. At least not anymore.
November 4, 2013
When you think “stock photography” what’s the first that comes to mind?
For me, it’s either professional models with perfect teeth smiling at a blank computer screen or a hefty price tag (or both). If you’re a small business owner looking for just the right images to incorporate into your blog you can literally spend all day just trying to find something that 1) doesn’t totally suck and 2) isn’t going to cost you an arm and a leg to purchase.
As a business blogger, I know it’s one of my biggest frustrations.More entries…
Get Free Marketing Tips
Sign up to receive your very own small business nuggets, specially hand crafted and delivered fresh to your inbox.
Get the freshest content from Shawn’s Blog via RSS
December 4, 20136 Holiday Shopping Stats Every Small Business Should Know
December 3, 2013Attention Grabbing Small Business Signage [Example]
November 25, 2013Increasing Market Awareness On The Cheap [Quick Tip]
November 14, 2013How To Make The Most Of Small Business Saturday
November 13, 2013Why Small Businesses Still Need Old School Marketing Tactics
Hall of Fame
- How To Write Great About Us Page Content (28 comments)
- What Should Be On A Business Card For Small Businesses (18)
- Visual Interest: The Rise Of Photos In Online Marketing (18)
- 5 Affordable CRM Solutions for Small Business (14)
- The Golden Rule Of Successful Social Engagement (14)
- Why Business Cards Are Still Important In The Digital Age (13)
- Don’t Be An SEO Chaser (12)
- Using Holiday Cards To Deepen Customer Relationships (10)
- Is Going Viral An Effective Marketing Tactic? (10)
- 5 Highly Effective Email Newsletter Examples (8)
My Fast Company Blog
Creative fuel for intrapreneurs and chronic idea generators
- The Telecommuting Genie Isn't Going Back In The Bottle; Here's How To Strengthen Its Magic
- Why Invasive Marketing Will Come Back To Bite You
- Managing Customer Service In The Age Of Instant Gratification
- 5 Smart Sources For Finding The Best Startup Talent
- The Key To Successful Cross-Channel Marketing
Sites I Like
- Get Your Own Badass Business Cards @Moo
- Build Ecommerce Stores That Exude Badassery @Shopify
- Make Your Phone System Simply Badass @Grasshopper
- Manage Your Social Media Badassery @Argyle Social