Updated February 20, 2018
Looking for a business phone?
You could use your mobile phone. But then you’re always at the mercy of your fleeting battery life and signal strength.
You could use your home phone (if you even still have one). But then you might get calls at all hours of the night.
Although both might be cost effective, neither can come even remotely close to the functionality and professionalism of the cloud-based phone systems being used by your competitors.
To help you save time, we’ve researched some of the best and identified the top 3 affordable small business phone systems based on price, reliability, reputation, and available features:
1. Grasshopper.com Business Phone
Grasshopper offers a cloud-based Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone system that doesn't require expensive PBX hardware. With more than 300,000 customers, Grasshopper continues to be a very popular choice for small business owners and startups.
You can pick toll free and local numbers and add departments and employees as your business grows. Best of all, unlike other VoIP phone solutions--all of Grasshopper's plans include unlimited minutes!
- Local and toll-free phone numbers
- Unlimited minutes
- Custom main greeting
- Hold music
- Conference calling
- Voicemail and fax to email
- 24/7 live U.S. support
- Call forwarding to your home or mobile phone
- Inbound fax
2. RingCentral Office
RingCentral offers complete cloud-based VoIP phone systems for small businesses. Used by more than 350,000 companies, RingCentral offers more than traditional office phone systems by providing a truly unified communication and team collaboration platform.
Features include a dial-by-name directory, virtual receptionist service that greets your callers and routes them directly to employees, departments, or any phone in the world, and video conference calls. They also offer a 15-day free trial.
- 1,000 minutes
- Toll-free, local, or vanity numbers for voice and fax
- Auto-receptionist and dial-by-name directory
- Unlimited conferencing and business SMS
- Advanced call forwarding
- Mobile Apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android
3. 8x8 Virtual Office
Founded in 1987, 8x8’s mission is to provide secure and reliable cloud business phone systems and communications tools, serving more than 50,000 businesses operating in more than 150 countries.
8x8 offers a range of easily configured and powerful features including HD quality business phone calls, conference calling, and the ability to send and receive text messages to colleagues and customers from your business phone number.
Plan: $25.00 per month
- Automatically answer and route calls with an easy-to-use call routing manager
- Automatically record incoming and outgoing calls and play back recordings
- Complete fax solution that allows you to send and receive docs from anywhere
- Personal audio conferencing bridge for hosting multiple callers.
- Easy self-service configuration and administration
Add a Professional Touch to Your Business
Don't miss out on potential sales or frustrate your customers. Having the right business phone system can have a huge impact on customer satisfaction, which in turn drives sales, repeat business, and customer engagement.
Luckily there are some incredibly powerful and affordable cloud-based phone solutions out there including Grasshopper.com, RingCentral, and 8x8. And that means you can dramatically improve customer service without investing thousands of dollars in new PBX hardware.
I’d say that’s well worth as little as $25.00 a month, wouldn't you?
Are you using Grasshopper, RingCentral, or 8x8 for Your Business Phone System?
Share your insights by leaving a comment below.
- Best Small Business Phone Systems 2018 Review
- Picking the Best Phone Solution for Small Businesses
- 3 Affordable Ecommerce Platforms for Small Business
As a disclaimer, I use affiliate links for some of the products listed. They are all products I absolutely love and trust and would recommend regardless of whether they have an affiliate program.
By: Shawn Graham
[Image: Flickr user Martin Cathrae]