Back in the saddle after the extended Memorial Day holiday weekend. What better way to burn off all of the hotdogs, hamburgers, and potato salad than by kicking your small business marketing up a notch or 10?
To help you get things firing on all cylinders, let’s take a look back at the posts you read, shared and commented on for the week that was on the Creative Combustion blog.
Popular stories included a look at the 5 key elements that can make or break any pitch to prospective customers or investors, reasons why you shouldn’t waste all of your time worrying about SEO, and ideas for turning National Small Business Week into a year-long event.
- The Art Of The Pitch. The product? The passion? The PowerPoint? What would you say makes for the perfect pitch? This post identifies best practices from dozens of startups who recently pitched at Innovation Works Investor Day.
- Don’t Be An SEO Chaser. Every small business wants to claim the top spot on Google for their unique industry. The problem with that is every small business wants to claim the top spot on Google for their unique industry AND Google is constantly making changes to their search algorithm. Sure SEO is important, but there are also better things you could be doing with your time. Read on.
- 3D Imaging And The Future Of Ecommerce. Software that makes it possible to order shoes online without having to worry about whether or not they’ll fit and a glimpse at a virtual dressing room—learn more about emerging technologies that could transform your business and the way your customers shop.
- Creating A Logo That Doesn’t Suck. Logos are one of the most important elements of your small business brand. They can also one of the hardest things to create. Learn how a Pittsburgh, PA-based startup is using crowdsourcing to help small business owners create dynamic logos at a fraction of the cost.
- 10 Benefits Of Having A Small Business Blog. Does the potential upside of having a blog outweigh the calories you’ll burn managing and maintaining it on a weekly basis? If you’re thinking about creating a blog for your small business, this post is a must read.
- 3 Ridiculously Affordable Phone Solutions for Small Business. Hold music, staff directories, 800 numbers—all calling features we’ve come to expect from businesses big and small. If you’ve been thinking about upgrading that outdated answering machine for something more professional, this post is calling you.
- Smart Ways To Spend National Small Business Week 2012. Just because National Small Business Week only comes around once a year doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate all of the time. This post includes ideas for embracing the awesomeness that is small business.
What about you?
What are some of the hot stories you're going to be following this week?
Keep up with my latest small business marketing posts by signing up for my newsletter.